Today’s new moon features a conjunction between the Sun/Moon and Uranus in the sign of Aries. The word of the day is “revolutionize.” The color of the day is red. The number of the day is 1.
Because a new Moon in the sign of the Ram, sign of the Sun’s exaltation, with the rabble rousing planet Uranus, signifies a bold new beginning. An act of courage, power, aggression, competition, or dominance. A decision to leave something behind for good and start off on in a new direction, blazing a new trail. A remaking or rewriting of the circumstances that we have some control over. These are the kinds of things we should look for as the new moon cycle begins.
Additionally we should expect the unexpected. Uranus is electrifying, shocking, and unpredictable. Uranus inspires change or invention where we least expect it.
Here are a list of additional themes to watch for:
* A sudden eruption of defiance
* A sudden declaration of truth
* Suddenly changing course or direction
* Liberating ourselves from something that is old or outworn
* Taking a stand, getting more aggressive
* Needing freedom, independence, and autonomy
* Awakening, liberating insights, and important revelations
* Reactionary, temperamental, hostile, competitive exchanges
CNN Headline of the Morning: “A Backlash of Belief: Why Religious Freedom Bills Are Springing Up All Around the Country”
* Propaganda meant to incite, inspire, or persuade
* New rhetoric, new arguments, new strategies
* The realization that something cannot wait any longer, cannot be put on hold for one more day
* The freshness of spring, the momentum of new life, a new chapter
* Feeling empowered, brave, strong, courageous
* An unexpected jolt, shock, disruption, or turn of events that illuminates and clarifies the truth of the matter or the direction one should take moving forward
It’s also important to remember that the ruler of this exciting new moon conjunction is Mars, who is nearly dead stopped in the sky right now, about to turn retrograde. So while all the themes above might sound pretty sexy, Mars is intensifying these experiences and adding an element of mayhem to the mix.
Mars about to turn retrograde may add in the following themes:
* Futility or frustration
* Impatience or anger
* The extremes of violence or impotence
* Losing steam and power or gaining tremendous momentum
* Lashing out or giving up
* Backtracking after overstating
* A strong intention ends up working against you
* Bullying or intimidation
* Aggression that undermines a noble position
* Carelessness or recklessness
* Learning how to control one’s anger or energy
* Learning how to be effective without an outward display of force
So keep in mind that though this new moon signifies a kind of upstart or exciting new chapter, it also features the lessons or learning of a soon to be retrograde Mars.
Prayer: Inspire within us the courage to move forward where we know we must, the patience to make changes mindfully, and the peace to use power kindly.