A few ideas to consider as subtle bodies within today’s astrology…
* Knowing our greatness means knowing our location, our place, and the particular limitations we each have that also make us unique
* Knowing our potential also means learning to discriminate from far reaching visions of our greatness down into specific commitments or niches…
* Building and manifesting are sometimes junk words…what are we building specifically, and have we gone through the quiet nobility of the defeats that not only humble the ego but also give it a specific place with specific set boundaries to work within?
There is a quiet joy in limiting ourselves. Even when we feel like we have unlimited potential..the truth is usually that our potential doesn’t want to be unlimited…it very much wants to take its unique shape, and shapes by their very nature are limiting….limited. The radical idea of the moment is that limiting ourselves, refining our focus, and trusting this contraction deepens the force of our character. This is a different kind of victory.
As the IChing says, “Be like the sun at midday. Don’t mourn the inevitable descent.”
What makes the Sun at midday so great? The IChing teaches in this small text that the greatness of the Sun’s highest position contains within it the noble knowing of its own death. This is the black body within the light.
Words, phrases, and images to consider right now:
* Acknowledging limitations
* The Sun at midday, ready to decline
* A specific place, knowing it’s the right location
* A force of inner royalty/pride/power building stronger but also quieter
* Illusions crumbling but also leaving us with the realization of where we actually are, where we’re actually standing
* The quiet clarity of a more precise vision
Prayer: be like the sun at midday, don’t mourn the descent but shine brightly with the force of your quiet royalty, the quality of light that only death can see
Image by courtesy of Nuala, at creative commons image licensing