* All month long the signs of Sagittarius and Pisces are emphasized with a series of planetary configurations moving through both signs. The most optimistic reading of this tells us that Jupiter is doling out a lot of blessings and bigness this month!
* December 1st to 4th the Sun is moving through a square from Sagittarius to Mars and Neptune in Pisces. This is a heroic and also sacrificial transit, inspiring, muscular, faithful, and also imaginative. It’s a great time to renew your personal or professional vision or mission statement, to recommit to a practice, a course of study, or even your spiritual life, but it’s also a potentially exhausting time where you can overextend yourself, give yourself away to causes that aren’t truly your own.
* The first week of the month is also potentially exhausting due to the waning/dark Moon energy combined with the surging/creative energy of the Sun/Mars/Neptune square. It’s a strange mix. A late surge or last charge, a bold final stand, or a heroic moment of surrender. Think Obi Wan’s last moment…losing the battle but winning the war…
* The New Moon on December 7th falls in a square with Mars/Neptune, planting seeds of renewal and expansion for the month ahead, but it’s also, again, a time where we might easily invest our energy in a losing cause or get swept up in a romantic and potentially dogmatic frenzy. On the other hand, this new Moon restores our faith by reminding us of what is worth fighting for and what struggles are worth releasing.
* The Sun will move into a trine near the Solstice, on December 20th, bringing a surge of fiery, expansive, assertiveness and unexpected or sudden brilliance. This transit is a nice counter to a month that is otherwise dominated by the moody and changeable back and forth between Sagittarius and Pisces.
* December 21st, 22nd the Winter Solstice in Capricorn and the Full Moon in Cancer foreshadows the start of a new series of eclipses falling in Cancer and Capricorn next month. The Moon/Saturn dynamic brings together themes of the public, groups, families, tribes, nations, and those who are either at the top of the groups, the hierarchies or organization of these groups or also those who stand outside or in opposition to these groups. These eclipses have a lot to do with family and national karma but also with personal issues related to responsibility and emotional maturity, vulnerability, and nurturance. More on this next month!
* Finally on December 21st through the 24th, Mercury will conjoin Jupiter in Sagittarius and then square Neptune in Pisces…bringing last month’s Mercury retrograde full circle again. This should be a time of completion and closure, creating opportunities for seeing things clearly that we’ve been confused by or giving us room to doubt something that we’ve been far too confident about. Either way, growth in our understanding, around teachers, learning, and communicating will be strong at this time of the month!
Meanwhile, I am about 200 backers shy of my year goal, with the rest of the month to go! We need to keep pace with about 10 backers per day to finish on track. Today I still need 7 more backers to keep up. Help me get there and pick up a year-ahead tarot, I Ching or astrology reading when you donate! I will record you a reading personally and send it to you in the New Year!
Prayer: Restore our faith, renew our minds, and bring us through the gateway of the new year…with hearts on fire for you, and for loving one another.