One thing to note about this upcoming eclipse is the subject of mutability. Mutable signs, also called bi-corporeal or double bodied, feature constellations with two images. Gemini is the twins, Virgo is the harvest maiden and the bird (or angel wings), Sagittarius is the horse and man, and Pisces the two fish. As all signs come between the firmest qualities of a season (fixed signs) and the initiating qualities of the next season (cardinal signs), they are also called “common signs.” They feature both a kind of dualism as well as an inherent flexibility.
With six of the traditional planets and one of the outer planets involved in next week’s eclipse, we have rapidly approaching what looks like a very dynamic moon cycle. Saturn will turn retrograde after the Full Moon, and Mars will start to slow down to station shortly after. So it’s likely that there are many fluid and unexpected changing (and probably challenging) circumstances over the next month. The kinds of changes that are both potentially disturbing or difficult but also easily integrated or adapted to on the fly.
A few subjects that seem likely given the planets/signs involved:
* Religion, philosophy, history, doctrines, dogmas and their conflicts or harmonious integration
* Deception and truth, ethics, morality
* How we fight for a cause, divisive and angry, peaceful and patient, is one really better than the other?
* Generational conflicts or divides
* Technical learning, study or knowledge, versus intuitive or instinctual wisdom
* Martyrs, sinners, saints, disciples, gurus, and the tendency to polarize people into these categories
* Politics and religion or spirituality… one and the same or different?
* Scientific exploration or discoveries that introduce powerful new ideas
* New information that changes circumstances suddenly and forces us to adapt rapidly to something new
* The eclipsing of the light…someone or something powerful or hopeful falls, is displaced, becomes ill, surrenders, dies, or relinquishes power…
Solar Eclipses are sometimes about the eclipsing of light and life somewhere in our lives, but solar eclipses also open a door, so it’s likely that new doors or opportunities will open for us as something else is simultaneously eclipsed or falls away.
We’ll look at these dynamics again as the eclipse approaches!
Prayer: Help us to stay in prayer, peace, and humility as the planets congregate, the Sun is eclipsed, and the spring draws near!