What to watch for:
* Mental/emotional/nervous agitation
* Mental/emotional overwhelm
* Trouble sleeping
* Unclear or foggy communications, perceptions
* The desire to empty or completely clear the mind
* An urge for simplicity or detoxification
* Organizing, fixing, clearing
* A philosophical change of course
* A feeling of not knowing where you are or what you believe, a crisis of faith
* A serious approach to study
* Studying or learning something from the past
* Sudden attraction, dangerous emotional impulses
* A spiritual/philosophical transformation
* Start/stop with ideas and conversations or dialogues
* A decision to make but many question marks and unknowns makes the decision feel out of sync
* A decision to change health/diet or lifestyle in a specific way
Throughout this retrograde we’re changing our minds about something, over and over again, until maybe we’ve run out of ideas and find ourselves settling comfortably into the unknown. Everything is not what it seems, and if there is a master plan we don’t know, maybe we don’t care.
In the meantime, the agitation of the mind…the tendency for the mind to be a place of fragmentation, violence, and impatience, is at the forefront of the planetary conversation. Mercury is backing up into the sun, and Mars is getting swallowed by the Sun, while all three planets square Neptune… creating a kind of mental/rational vortex. Even the most rational among us might be feeling overwhelmed by the magic of life, or by powerful surges of unexplained emotions or ideas.
There’s nothing we can do to speed the process of discovery and philosophical transformation taking place right now so we might as well slow down and take our time. It’s an especially good time to use those dead patches in our day to literally just sit and do nothing. Watching what thoughts and ideas naturally pop up if we step into the empty spaces rather than constantly filling them with more “stuff.”
Prayer: May the egos of our minds be calmed…thoughts turned toward the cosmic seas.