Here’s what to watch for:
* The Full Moon is taking place today just after the Moon conjoins with Jupiter and just as Mercury is turning retrograde. The Sun is also square to Pluto, opposite Juptier, and moving into a conjunction with Uranus.
* This is an incredibly pivotal time on the global level, so watch as the news cycle this week erupts with more powerful events, especially tonight and tomorrow, and watch for those events to involve Mercury retrograde themes: reversals, revisions, delays, revelations, breakdowns in technology or travel, announcements, messages and messengers, etc.
* On a personal level watch for this full Moon to bring growth, new opportunities, enthusiasm, and action, but also watch as the full moon highlights issues of due process, checks and balances to power, and various processes that have to be fulfilled even as we’re moving forward with great vigor toward some kind of revolutionary new idea or goal.
* As this historic t-square is being activated at the Full Moon we also see Venus and Saturn in a square with one another, while Venus is retrograde but about to station and turn direct by the end of the week. Watch as diplomatic standoffs, relationship crises, or the themes of death and love, seriousness or maturity and love, sobriety or realism and love, clash and spar. This is a time where real growth and change can occur in all kinds of relationships, but it’s also a time where diplomacy can fail or we can find ourselves in a kind of stare down with someone we are at odds with.
* Because Venus is exalted in Pisces, square to Saturn, we may also see the theme of powerful women, women’s rights, the abuse of women by old men, men in power, or an old way of doing things. This square is incredibly apparent, for example, in the Fox News sexual abuse scandals. However, it’s also not uncommon to see the fall, death, or death or decline of powerful women. For example, Venus in her exaltation squared Saturn earlier in the year just as Mary Tyler Moore died.
* Venus retrograde may add to all of this the desire to redo, fix, amend, revise, or revisit something related to love, beauty, desire, sensuality, diplomacy, friendship, or romance.
* Meanwhile, watch for the typical Mercury retrograde themes: delays, snafoos, tech issues, glitches, freudian slips, important messages, reversals, the importance of the fine print, editing, revisioning an organizational process or structure, and so forth. Don’t blame Mercury…instead get curious about all things that arise during a Mercury RX, especially the stations like today!
* Also, note that this Mercury retrograde process has the potential to really introduce strong themes related to technology, perhaps breakthroughs or changes in technology that are helpful. This is because Mercury’s retrograde will move backward and eventually station to turn direct again in conjunction with Uranus in Aries. The potential for a kind of game-changing revolution of technology or information or insight is definitely in the works for this retrograde period, and in particular the idea of environmental technology comes to mind since the retrograde period begins in the earthy sign of the Bull.
* This week is especially busy astrologically, so stay tuned for more, and be sure to revisit today’s horoscope for reminders of this week’s transits as well!
Prayer: Let us see the messenger in our midst today.