Here’s what to watch for:
* As the Moon moves into a conjunction with Saturn today it’s a good day for hard work, working through obstacles, getting things done, and not making any excuses. This transit will sober us if we’ve been floating in the clouds.
* The Moon/Saturn conjunction will also paint the mood of the day, so watch for that heavy, serious, or morose quality, in addition to the hard-working, disciplined, and mature qualities of Saturn. Use the moment to be productive, and remember that real productivity either helps us to accomplish our duties and responsibilities so that we might bring our focus back to the joyful work of our spiritual life, or it helps us to deepen our spiritual life itself. In other words, today’s Moon/Saturn combination is good for cutting out whatever is frivolous.
* Meanwhile, we have a grand water trine forming between Venus, Jupiter, and Neptune. Here are some things to watch for:
* The need or desire to go “home.”
* An outpouring of emotion
* Water, water, water
* Flooded or overwhelmed by feelings of nostalgia, memory, romance, and longing
* Children and imagination, fantasy and daydreaming
* Home, family, and the beach
* Our needs, desires, and longings amplified, exaggerated, made larger than life
* Growth, abundance, proliferation, support
* Remember, not everything that grows rapidly is good
* Emotional eating or indulgence and cravings that we can’t stop unless we address the root of the problem
* Empathy, emotional intelligence, and the need for greater compassion
* Emotional manipulation, coercion, abuse, deception, betrayal, and/or emotional disclosures, revelations, honesty, healing
Finally, Venus is moving into an opposition with Pluto:
* The transformation or termination of relationships
* Diplomatic efforts hijacked by self-interest, manipulation, greed, power plays, etc.
* Controversies involving women, women’s rights, violence toward women, powerful women, women and political, social corruption, scandals, etc.
* Betrayal, lust, and bad decisions related to love, romance, or sexuality
* Explosive, cathartic, sexual encounters
* Revelations or secrets revealed or exposed
* Friendships or close bonds with others challenged
* Depth, intensity, death, and forced change in realtionships
* Art and depth or darkness
* Women’s health and women’s healing
* Possessed by our desires
The Venus/Pluto opposition is a very dynamic transit that we will very likely see manifested in the headlines in the week ahead. It’s a transit we will return to several more times before it perfects next week!
Meanwhile, remember that my new astrology course, “Ancient Astrology for Modern Times,” begins on Sundays, starting June 10th and meets each week (30x on the year) from Noon eastern to 2 pm eastern via live webinars. Need-based tuition is available for those who need it!
Prayer: Bless us with waves of mercy, waves of grace, and let a deeper love grow within our hearts. Give us the strength and intelligence needed to be bolder, deeper, and more compassionate.