Here’s what to watch for:
* The Sun and Saturn conjoining on the winter solstice is the image of a new foundation, the start of a new season, the renewal of life and light along with the facts and nothing but the facts, or the truth, simple, and without extras.
* The Sun and Saturn together on the winter solstice is the image of the beginning of the ending of something.
* The Sun and Saturn together at the Winter solstice invite us to grow by reducing, minimizing, simplifying, cutting back and letting go.
* The Sun and Saturn together bring new life to something old.
* The Sun and Saturn together may bring conservative empowerment or may give temporary power to something more rigid, outdated, or strict.
* The Sun and Saturn together at the winter solstice asks us to consider the bigger picture and to humble ourselves by asking or seeking for guidance from someone or something bigger than ourselves, especially when making important decisions.
* The Sun and Saturn at the winter solstice, just after a New Moon offers us a cosmic report card. It gives us a list of where we’re doing well and where we’re struggling, and at the bottom, it also has a little note, with a heart: “Love the divine with all your heart, mind, and soul, and I promise that’s what matters most!.”
* The Sun and Saturn together at the winter solstice remind us that it’s not about light and it’s not about dark…because when the two are joined as one, then we go straight to the heart of that which is unchanging, that light beyond literal light. Don’t forget, this is why the Christmas tree is our beacon of hope, it’s leaves are unchanging. It is a hearty and simple symbol of eternity!
* Imagine, just for a moment, that all this intention setting we do this time of year is wasted if we don’t find ourselves a little quieter, a little humbler, and a little kinder. If you celebrate Christmas, then we might remember that Jesus was born in a humble place, and this was the true wonder of the moment, that the Lord of all eternity would incarnate into a humble, little, unpretentious place, among the animals and the smells, among the simple shepherds and into a little human body. These details…these are the angels singing. These details, these are the brilliant stars above. These humble circumstances, the same that surround and constellate the start of each life, in simple blood and starry nakedness, these are the sacramental foods to be consecrated and offered back to spirit.From spirit we come and to spirit we go. So let’s not forget that this is a spirit of giving, for as much as we might be ambitiously setting our intentions for the new year.
Prayer: Show us the unchanging light of lights. Present at all times, in all places, Summer, Winter, Noon and Night. Thank you for the gift of this life. Draws us closer to you and make us messengers of the vibrations of love and kindness.
**If you enjoy my daily horoscopes please consider donating to my annual fundraiser. I am still 38 backers or so shy of my annual backer goal! Pick a year-ahead reading when you do, or just give whatever you can. Everything helps! Thank you! Click here.**