Here’s what to watch for:
* We’re going into the orb of the first quarter Moon later today, as the Moon enters Libra and prepares to square the Sun. This makes the next few days especially dynamic when considering the simultaneous conjunction of Mars retrograde with the south node of the Moon. First quarter Moons often call us to action or present us with difficult choices or crossroads within the monthly lunation cycle. They represent a kind of testing period or a period of confrontation and challenge. When we add Mars retrograde with the south node into the mix, knowing in advance that Mars is featured with this coming full moon/lunar eclipse, then we also get the depiction of a moment of confrontation, potentially involving themes of severing, detachment, cutting or simplification, and elimination.
* This first quarter Moon features the energies of Cancer and Libra, homes of the Moon and Venus, so there are also themes of women and mothers, lovers and beauty, home and family, relationships and diplomacy, rational reasoning versus emotional reasoning, body and health, nature vs. nurture, etc.
* Mars and the south node of the Moon may also have us revisiting things from the past, or reaping what we’ve sown, especially in terms of having to release, let go of, or detach from things that have failed or that are no longer necessary or possibly even harming us.
* However, with Mars and the south node, we should be careful of the temptation to impulsively renounce or rid ourselves of something. If we feel the need to be violent or extreme about how we rid ourselves of a problem, then it’s not likely that using violence will do anything but deepen and perpetuate the same problem, whether in this life or the next.
* Remember, there is no such thing as eternal punishment, only eternal patience, so ridding ourselves of things that are no longer serving us we should not take a “damning” attitude, even if we indeed must remove something from our lives.
* Also, remember, that if you are facing a shadow right now, or if you are facing some kind of personal demon or shadow material from the past, something that just won’t seem to go away, just remember that you are strong enough to be gentle and patient enough to trust the process, even when it’s painful.
* Sometimes we mistakenly think that in order to conquer a personal demon or shadow that we have to try to eliminate the shadow, and so we take all kinds of head-on actions to eliminate something when, actually, adding something healthy to our lives, changing our focus, and starting to slowly train ourselves to a higher taste, is an easier and kinder way of cleansing ourselves of something unwanted. There are different ways of eliminating something, in other words.
* If conflicts from your past are resurfacing, just remember that conflicts have a life of their own, and in the material world, some conflicts are like Merry-Go Rounds that don’t really have a distinct beginning or end. So even if you find yourself dealing with a recurring conflict right now, remember that you may or may not ever “finally” solve the conflict, and who you are, as a spirit/soul, is also, in the final analysis, not defined by the outcome.
Prayer: Meet us in the home of our hearts, and give to us the most natural spirit of renunciation, so that whatever needs to fall away right now comes off just as naturally as the petals of the flowers open out in order to let the Sun in.