Here are some things that happened, and some things to watch for again this time around:
The recent history…
* Nature magazine published an article recognizing Oumuamua as the first known “interstellar object.” This is a significant Jupiter/Neptune theme. Jupiter is expansion, knowledge, and the spirit of discovery and Neptune is the unknown, the mysterious, the “deep space,” and the “Interstellar.” This article greatly excited the collective imagination and this is well-known Jupiter/Neptune theme: the exploration or discovery of distant worlds, the expansion of the imaginal, etc.
* “On November 22nd, the international court of justice found Ratko Mladic guilty of genocide committed during the Bosnian War, the worst massacre in Europe since World War 2.” This is also a significant Jupiter/Neptune theme. Jupiter is justice and Neptune is related to cleansing as well as the attempt to dissolve or eliminate things thought of as unclean or impure. It may not sound like Neptune, but Neptune actually shows up frequently in relation to religious intolerance, or the desire to eradicate all that is “different” in favor of “sameness.”
* Similarly, on November 24th, 300 + worshippers were killed by an extremist group at a mosque in Egypt. Similar themes as above (although there were, and always are, multiple planetary influences corresponding to events like these…but we can see Jupiter/Neptune involved here, nonetheless).
* Russia was banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics for state-sponsored doping. Here we see Jupiter (bigness, muscle, expansion) and Neptune (the drug and the chemical, the illlusion of greatness, the deception).
* Then, on December 6th, the US officially recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Here we have a big declaration (Jupiter) about a holy city (Neptune) and pilgrimage site (Jupiter/Neptune), but again the entire issue reflects the complications of religious/ethnic warfare and the desire to absorb differences into a singularity.
* On December 14th, Walt Disney absorbed most of 21st Century Fox, for 66 billion dollars. Here we have the themes of the film (Neptune) and a company greatly expanding (Jupiter) while simultaneously absorbing (Neptune) another large company (Jupiter).
* In the coming weeks we should expect to see similar mutual inflections and influence between these two planets. It will be especially interesting given the Uranus transit on the New Moon!
What to expect personally…
* Jupiter/Neptune trines can expand or renew your faith, wisdom, or commitment to something
* Jupiter/Neptune brings karmic justice
* Jupiter/Neptune is the desire to absorb or make differences into singularities (for better or worse)
* Jupiter/Neptune grows and expands things significantly, but may also overestimate its reach or underestimate the cost involved
* Jupiter/Neptune stimulates the imagination to grow and find or discover new worlds
* Jupiter/Neptune is the spiritual or religious impulse, as well as the desire to visit alternative dimensions of consciousness
* Jupiter/Neptune is the delusion of grandeur and the numbness of oneness
* Jupiter/Neptune forgets diversity
* Jupiter/Neptune may include more or incorporate
* Jupiter/Neptune is a bold, new vision, a statement of faith, a vow,
* Jupiter/Neptune in water signs deepens our emotional connections and inspires our devotion
* Jupiter/Neptune is the mood of compassion and global outreach
Watch the houses ruled by Pisces and Scorpio in your birth chart and see how these themes present themselves in the areas of life associated with those houses!
Prayer: Grow our faith. Grow our love. Show us to the endless valleys of singing and dancing. Hold our hands.