* Mars is in the superior position with respect to Jupiter, combust the Sun, and in its fall, but is also in the exaltation of Jupiter.
* This means that Mars exerts a kind of forcefulness upon Jupiter but we might also say that Mars pays tribute to, or has respect for, Jupiter.
* Mars in its fall, under the beams, is an old mars, and a weakened mars…one who at the end of life recognizes his or her limits, the end of his or her power, dominance, control, or ability to manipulate or coerce emotionally.
* Mars may signify a pattern, whose time is up but who kicks and struggles before finally submitting in peace to what they know is best. It is painful to surrender.
* This particular “old” Mars may signify an attempt to insult, injure, harm, or shame someone or something younger, or to withhold some parting blessing.
* What happens when we no longer fear what happens if we don’t serve something that isn’t serving the love and peace in our hearts? Something loses power over us…and we find that the exact something that loses power over us, no longer given that power, can love us truly, sincerely, and may finally bless us rather than take from us.
* Mars in its fall, under the beams, exalting Jupiter may also symbolize the prayer of surrender. “I can’t do this on my own. I’ve been so blinded by my attempts to master my problems that I’ve forgotten to ask you for help. I’m sorry. Please help me.”
* What does it mean to be triumphant without triumph coming at the cost of another? What does it mean for justice to be done without resentment or self-righteousness?
* Mars square to Jupiter may signify the wisdom of a retired or retiring warrior. Mars square to Jupiter may signify battle, war, or conflict at sea.
* Mars square to Jupiter may represent the memorialization of a fight that no longer has to fight.
* Mars square to Jupiter says, “I can’t do this on my own, but I am still going to make my best effort.”
* Or Mars square to Jupiter says, “If I can’t change the outcome, then the next best choice is to accept my circumstances and pray that my acceptance might be the planting of healthy new seeds for a different future.”
* Mars square to Jupiter says, “If I can’t make all the changes now, then help me to stay the spirits of frustration and impatience. Help me to take one step forward, whatever step makes the most sense for me right now. Help me find that next step.”
* Mars square to Jupiter says, “I don’t know how to get what I want in a healthy way?” or even, “Help me to know what the right needs are and how to feed only my healthiest needs.”
* Mars square to Jupiter is violence done in the name of a twisted sense of justice, or fairness…vindictiveness, or revenge, or anger, masquerading as God’s righteousness.
* An old and weakening Mars in square to Jupiter says, “Make me an instrument of your peace and justice in the world.”
* Mars square to Jupiter has too much to prove, and potentially overstates its accomplishments.
* Mars square Jupiter says, “Don’t let yourself be coerced. Follow your spiritual duties, first. And watch as the impossible becomes possible, and those who doubt or thwart you fall away.”
Every one of our lives reflects both victory and justice, all the time, whether we feel or perceive it or not, in both the suffering and the joy…. because every one of our lives in its deepest sense reflects an unbreakable promise between our souls and God.
Prayer: Help us to stay the good course, and keep us safely concealed within the private victory and the secret justice of your love.