* When information that has been hidden from us is revealed we see more than just the information presented. For whatever is hidden contains within it the seeds of why it was hidden.
* When we have no faith in anything larger than ourselves, then our morality, no matter how advanced it may appear, is always primarily functional. We may say that something is good or bad, ethical or unethical, based purely upon what we believe is good for the most people, but our definition of “people,” untethered to the soul, will eventually reduce humanity to its temporary needs, or conflate humanity with its base desires. A morality without divinity is an appearance of goodness that can only mask a deeper corruption of the spirit for so long.
* The symptoms of this duplicity are found in opportunism and the way we capitalize on the misfortune of others or easily ignore or overlook injustice that doesn’t personally effect us or that may even support or benefit us.
* We all live with this duplicity because few live day to day without falling into the trap of becoming identified purely with the body, purely with the “what” and “how,” always excluding the “why?”
* When we exclude the why, we hide things or hide from things that cannot be hidden forever from the only thing that lasts forever which is the pure and clear light of divinity.
* Leaders without morality or the inability to stand up to leaders without morality comes from what we think we get by being in favor with corruption. We condone what we desire, seeing what is corrupt in quiet corroboration with twisted elements of our minds. This comes in part from poor self esteem. We do not see ourselves as eternal spiritual beings.
* Few are perfect but the greater sin is to suggest that there is no such thing as perfect.
* We believe so that we can see, and we see so that we might believe even farther than what we are blessed to see.
* Being liberal doesn’t mean denying the existence of objective truth. Being progressive doesn’t mean we reduce all truth claims into psychological description, personal caricature, or aesthetics. Truth is beautiful and true, unique and multifaceted, but unmistakable and actually true, all at once.
* When rules and morality in a society are twisted in letter to betray the spirit, then the spirit is dead. When the spirit is dead, death, judgement and reform comes next.
Prayer: Show us the total truth, not just what’s hidden but why we hide things to begin with. Exclude none of us from the mercy of this vision.