* The temptation to boast, grandstand, fight, or debate for the sport of it
* Confusing anger and self-righteousness with wisdom
* Forcing goodness on others
* Demands, calls for help, the desire to be heard drowned out by one’s own voice
* Dissociative intellectualism used aggressively
* Receiving a tough piece of news
* Voice, throat, mind, head, tired, exhausted, etc
* Verbal or mental assault, cloaked as advice
* Pointed questions, or questions with an angle
* Being hard on one’s self, the tireless voice of inner criticism
* Words meant to trigger a response
* Analyzing something in order to feel better about one’s self
* A bold decision made reactively that only entangles one more deeply in a complicated situation
* Confronting or discussing an issue everyone has been avoiding
* Firing, removal, severing, cutting, or maybe even the image of the man or woman storming out of the office while giving a long speech and sweeping things off desks shelves on the way out
* Constructive criticism versus harsh reprimands
* The opportunity to correct someone taken as the opportunity to tongue-lash someone
* The feeling of being overwhelmed or surrounded by intense mental energies
* Proud, brave, strong communication, taking a stand, being empowered, etc.
* A small thing turns into an all-out debacle
* Your computer or article of technology burps a spout of fire
* Controlling the mind, controlling the tongue, controlling speech, to be more exact, precise, careful, and clear.
* Hot sauce and burnt tongues
Prayer: Be our hot sauce, but please don’t burn our tongues.