The Moon is in Gemini today, while Mercury is in Cancer, creating a mutual reception between the two planets.
Here’s what to watch for:
* Themes of emotional intelligence, the union or dissonance of the heart and head, the need or desire to bring empathy, compassion, and embodied wisdom into intelligent communication, reporting, writing, teaching, talking, planning, organizing, technology, etc.
* The opportunity for a reorientation of the mind toward the needs of the body, family, heart, community, etc.
* The need to remove unhealthy sounds/words from one’s ears or vicinity.
* Recognizing one’s needs, as though hearing a voice or request for the first time, though it’s been there a long time.
* The symbolic attitude, symbolic mind, symbolic thinking.
* The need or desire to communicate with love and sweetness.
* Being stimulated by friendly, exciting conversations.
* Emotions mistaking themselves for critical thoughts, critical thoughts mistaking themselves for emotions.
* Writing a good letter, receiving a nice message, fluid speech, memory, and exchanges.
* Technology used to enhance emotional connection or quality of life.
* Health/family medicine or science.
* Siblings, exchanges with siblings, etc.
* Nervous/emotional stimulation that can easily lead us into a trance, a lull, or a daydream.
* The essence of what we are saying.
* Forgetfulness and remembrance.
Consider this…the quality of our mind and moods, at any given point in time, is determined in no small part by what we have put into our mind, ears, body, and heart, at some point in the past. Sometimes it’s the distant past and sometimes the recent past, but either way, we can always begin to change the future state of our mind and moods by choosing different content to take into our ears, minds, body, and heart. It doesn’t usually work right away. It takes time. Just like the light from stars travel so many countless miles even beyond their deaths, so too the vibrations of our thoughts and moods originate from events long ago and far away. But if we have even the slightest sense that all of this is true, if we can hear even the faintest sound of the soul’s ancient history living within us, then we cannot lose faith in the importance of what we put into our minds and bodies right now, at this moment, today, and the next, and the next, and the next, until we begin to hear the sounds of the sacred syllables vibrating continuously in the temple of our bodies, upon the altars of our minds.
Prayer: Fill our minds, hearts, and bodies with the sacred sounds of your loving presence. Help us to filter out the static and find your signal, and then teach us to live there.