Today the Sun and Moon conjoin in late Virgo to create an out of sign conjunction with the north node in Libra. Meanwhile the ruling planet Mercury is slowing down to station in mid Libra this week and will turn retrograde by Friday.
Solar eclipses are like extra powerful new moons that generally come around twice per year. As the last solar eclipse took place in conjunction with the south node in Aries this past spring, it was a Mars ruled eclipse. As we enter the fall, with the north node in Libra this eclipse is Venus ruled. Since Venus has recently turned direct, regaining her strength every day now, the forecast for today’s solar eclipse is significantly lighter and easier than last spring’s was.
Notice that the Sun and Moon in Virgo, ruled by Mercury, and the north node, ruled by Venus, are in a tight sextile with one another on the day of today’s eclipse. Even though Mercury is stationing, this generally symbolizes a fortunate opening to our moon cycle.
Here’s what to watch for with today’s solar eclipse. Remember that solar eclipses introduce new themes that will be with us for a long time. These are themes that may slowly introduce themselves over the course of the rest of the year and into the winter and spring, until our next eclipse season at the end of this winter.
* Help from others allows us to restore order, balance, harmony, and ease back into our lives
* Growing awareness around who helps us and who harms us, or what relationships keep us pure, simple, and on the right track versus those that tend to throw us off or hold us back
* Sweet, tender, mindful, considerate, tactful communication helps us meet our goals and keeps things organized
* Purity, simplicity, hard work, and careful planning gather the right people together
* Wrongs are made right, the scales are balanced, and fair conclusions are arrived at after an injustice
* Learning a new craft or skill, improving or honing an artistic ability, spending time with people we love, and honestly evaluating our flaws for the sake of improving a craft kill or relationship
* Diplomacy and tact are able to sensitively address a difficult issue
* A wake up call, the return to innocence because of a scary sign, omen, or warning
* The judgment or evaluation of others and the tendency we might have to take ourselves too seriously
* The comfort of the small, the detail, the charming but simple
* An important piece of news leads to a change of fate or circumstance, forces us into a simpler or humbler point of view
It’s a good day to evaluate ourselves honestly and return to innocence wherever and whenever we can.
Prayer: Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors, and remind us of the simple joys