* Remember that eclipses do not affect us right away; they take time, and especially with the fixed or solid signs. Solid signs, like the middle of each season, are stable, enduring, and as such, they are also related to effects that take time to develop and whose impact is also potentially longer-lasting.
* Remember the last time eclipses took place in Leo/Aquarius was roughly 1998 to 2000. You can, therefore, look back to those years to see if any similar themes or events are connected to whatever is happening in your life right now.
* Easy tip: look at the whole sign houses of Leo and Aquarius in your birth chart. With yesterday’s eclipse in Aquarius, you should focus on the topics of whatever house Aquarius rules by whole sign or whichever house contains the 4th degree if you are using a quadrant based house system (like Placidus).
* Remember that the south node of the Moon indicates loss, deprivation, constriction, decrease, surrender, etc. It is associated with a decline in fortune, but, as Indian astrologers have long noted, where there is a decline in fortune there is also an opportunity for greater detachment from material things, which means a potential “increase” in spiritual things.
* Remember that with Mars retrograde conjoined yesterday’s eclipse the themes of frustration, anger, willfulness, violence, fighting, bravery, courage, etc., are playing a big role right now. Retrogradation can indicate that a planet is being frustrated, blocked, or prohibited from its normal expression, or it can indicate that the planet is reorienting itself or revising something, or perhaps looking back on the past. Retrogrades also indicate reversals of fortune. When the God of war is frustrated, blocked, or reversing itself, it can mean a variety of different things, but chief among them is the idea of surrendering our will and finding a higher cause to “fight” for. Or, we might be recognizing that struggling against something has become futile. Or, we might be learning how to access or relate to the themes of aggression or assertiveness in a new way.
* Finally, remember that the sign of Aquarius is in play right now. Aquarius, a Saturn ruled sign, is related to outsiders, innovators, and marginalized people or groups, but it is also a sign that can easily become dogmatic, intellectually or mentally rigid or somewhat physically dissociative, and socially elitist.
* Lunar eclipses mean a change in the realm of fortune. They indicate changes to one’s environment or changes of circumstance, and with Mars and the south node, together, this could mean that we are learning to let go of something, or that there is something we need to surrender in order to deepen our spiritual lives. It could also mean that the changes happening around us are of a Mars-like nature, or are related to the frustrations of Mars explained above.
* If you have planets at 4 Aquarius, or right around there, pay attention to the symbolism of those planets in your birth chart, as well.
Prayer: Teach us to let go of power and disempowerment, so that we might learn to see the source of all power, moving through all opposites, since time immemorial.