The simplest thing to say when so many simultaneous changes of direction are happening in the sky, during an eclipse season, at the time of the Fall Equinox, is that we are turning an important corner. It’s a transitional time we’re experiencing right now.
Continuing our Autumn astrology preview, let’s take a look at Pluto turning direct and then we’ll close with a few insights surrounding the total meaning of all the changes happening at once as we cross the fall threshold.
As Pluto is stationing to turn direct in Capricorn, Mercury is stationing to turn retrograde in a close square to Pluto from Libra. Here are some combinations of themes to watch for:
* The end of an era coincides with the signing of a document
* The purging of an old pattern is sealed with an official/organizational change
* The transformation is achieved through finalizing a negotiation, through the receiving of an important piece of news, a contract, or a revised set of terms
* The end of an era or theme is achieved by the leveling or balancing of the scales of justice and truth…diplomacy by karmic, rather than personal, intervention..an event completes something
* The revelations of death begin a process of reorientation, reconsidering our place in the order of things
* An unexpected piece of news returns us to an unsettled or reappearing subject
* A significant time of releasing or letting go of the past coincides with waves of simple changes in perception, communication, or strategy
Looking now at the implications of the entire season ahead in light of Pluto’s turn direct.
When Pluto turns direct it’s as though an invisible energy field of great depth and intensity is lifting and the inner work of a long period of time is beginning to complete itself. Some of the most powerful, final changes may come during this moon cycle as this change is happening at the gateway to the Fall season..a time of harvesting and releasing.
Keep in mind the Libran scales…the leveling out, balancing out, coming clear or clean, receiving the grace of a clean slate, and renewing our faith and trust in the invisible powers that permeate our lives. Some of this leveling out may be incredibly painful while others may experience this time as profoundly positive and uplifting or helpful. How we handle success is just as important as how we handle setbacks, disappointments, and suffering.
Prayer: The holy messenger, standing still now in the halls of justice and truth, holding the scales. Help us to listen and learn.