Click here to learn more about my visit to the Washington State Astrological Association!
“Reviving Lady Fortuna: The Importance of Prediction in Astrology.”
Here is a list of things I’ll be looking at in this talk, which I’ll be offering again online to everyone this spring!
1. Why do we tend to hate on the image of the fortune teller?
2. Why is it so trendy to believe in possibilities or probabilities rather than the belief that we can accurately predict the future?
3. What is the potential damage we are doing by emphasizing consciousness, levels of consciousness, choice, and/or free will or spiritual maturity as the key factor in determining how a transit will play out?
4. What does the soul need or love about astrological prediction, both when it’s correct and when it’s incorrect?
5. Why do many modern astrologers seem to think that ancient/predictive astrologers believed in a completely mechanical or deterministic universe? Is this really true?
6. What is the nature of divination, what does it attempt to do and why, and what might all different kinds of divination practices tell us about the nature of time or being itself?
7. Why do we hold so fiercely to the notion of radical indeterminacy?
8. Why do we hold so fiercely to the idea of a future oriented spiritual evolution path?
9. Why might the importance of prediction be about something more than whether we are right or wrong?
10. Is astrology meant to provide us with answers about the nature of ultimate reality, and if so is there just one reality or are there different realities that different astrologies or astrologers might somehow reflect back to us in the way they practice or in the philosophical positions they take on key issues like time, choice, reincarnation,chance, fate, enlightenment, god, multiples gods, etc?
I know that I’m not alone in considering these questions right now, as I’ve seen posts, newsletters, podcasts, and live seminars of these exact subjects coming up concurrently, especially in light of the fact that so many astrologers incorrectly predicted the election results. I think these discussions are incredibly important…but beware of anyone who thinks they have the answers or who would tell you exactly where or what we should all be thinking about the nature of reality or complicated metaphysical topics vis a vis astrology….the point of this upcoming talk is to simply advocate for those of us astrologers who believe there are indeed outcomes of all kinds that can be seen and accurately predicted through the divine language of the stars.