Here’s what to watch for:
* Reversals. Retrogrades often bring reversals of fortune. Whether we are losing something that was gained or giving up something that we’ve been invested in, the theme of reversal is in the air right now.
* Contraction. Saturn and Pluto with the South Node all point toward consolidation and contraction. Trimming down. Cutting out. Tightening up. Simplifying. Purging. Focusing. Judging and eliminating. Detaching. Reducing. It’s that kind of time.
* Transforming the structures of our lives. Remodeling, gutting, or replacing foundations.
* Weighty events, grave, serious, and consequential, forcing us to rethink, relinquish, resist, or rectify.
* The sense that something of deeper significance is at work, churning, contracting, forcing our hand.
* The tangible sense of being oppressed, weighed down or victimized by forces outside of one’s control.
* Failure, defeat, humiliation, or suffering as agents of immediate change. A change of priorities that comes swiftly and is serious and straight to the point.
* The need to deepen and solidify commitments, to set aside anything that isn’t absolutely necessary, to refine, shape, structure, and crystalize a new form through the catharsis of major life events happening in rapid succession.
* An obsession with getting down to the most basic or the most essential. The overwhelming desire to contain, control, define or hold what is too vast, deep, or powerful for anyone to hold.
* Being taken over by something that we thought we could handle. Having to wave the white flag and say, “I’m in over my head.”
* All of this is, of course, a preview of the Saturn/Pluto conjunction that is coming next winter. The process is now well underway.
* There is a lesson for us in all of thsi if we are willing to listen, and it has to do with recognizing our limitations. One of the most common lessons we are each learning, over, and over, and over again, is that we are not in control of the Universe. In fact, most days we aren’t in control of our own minds, our impulses, desires, and actions. We are swerve drivers. And at some point, our attempt to control, consume, and stay ahead of the curve catches up to us, as in a dream where we cannot run at just the time when we need to run, or walk when we need to walk. Our legs become heavy. The machinery of our lives begins to glitch and our signal, the hologram body, starts to flicker. We are possessed by that which we possess, and brought down by that which we have attempted to control.
* However, for those who recognize this, moments of breakdown, moments of reversal and contraction, are joyous and relieving. Ahh, the soul sighs…now I can return to the plain truth. Now I can deal with the refreshment of reality as it is, not as I’ve been pretending it to be.
* The attempt to avoid the reality of Saturn and Pluto is like the attempt to dress up a corpse and pretend that it is alive. We aren’t made for this kind of dishonesty.
Prayer: Let the dead bury the dead. Call us home and teach us to relinquish all control and all sense of proprietorship, so that we might know what it means to be held and owned by your love.