The Love Song of Saturn and the Tail of the Dragon
* Love will never spare us the beauty of separation.
* Love will never be satisfied by discipline and practice.
* Love will not be gained through controlling.
* Love is not a perfection of self.
* Love is not about changing others.
* Love is not about changing the world.
* Love is not about perfecting the world.
* Love is not about personal power, worth, merit, or belief.
* Love is not about original sin because sin is without origin.
* Love is not about ultimate redemption because redemption has a beginning but it has no end.
* Love is not about one religion or one way being better than every other way.
* Love is the way.
* It’s okay to want to love but not know how because admitting this is love.
* It’s okay to think about love but not know how to embody it because this is love too.
* It’s okay to practice at love because love takes time to grow and to become real, and an intention to love can turn into real love in time.
* If we mess up but keep our intention to love divinity, as long as we are real about the mess up, and we don’t try to justify it, and as long as we keep our intention and keep trying to love, just keep trying, this is also love.
* Love doesn’t keep a ledger of mistakes, instead it learns to love them.
* All love is given and shared between real beings. In love, we are joined. And with love we come to appreciate our separation, too.
* Love is not unspeakable but sometimes its best not to speak about it.
* Love is not impersonal, but sometimes it’s quiet or appears to be alone.
* Love is not a great mystery to be known, and yet the greatest mystery is that it is unknown at times, even to itself…this is why with real love, between real beings, the path of intimacy is neverending, and never the same thing twice while always remaining deeply familiar to us. This is why real contentment and real curiosity always accompany love like best friends.
What else can be said? Saturn and the south node may tempt us to believe that love can be found through control, fear, austerity, practice, rigidity, impersonal isolation, and mastery, or hierarchy…. but we all know this just isn’t true.
Prayer: Give us eyes to see you in our longing, our hurt, our pain, our loneliness, our isolation, our sorrows, and our desire to escape, to be good, or to exercise control or mastery. Help us to be helplessly, hopelessly, in love with you.