* Whenever Venus and Mars come together in the sky there is an erotic or creative tension in the air.
* In the sign of Virgo it’s possible that we see images of desire pitted against images of purity, images of service, skill, and cleanliness set against images of secret agendas, selfishness, and guilty pleasure.
* Venus and Mars are natural planetary opposites. They rule zodiacal signs opposite one another. The tension that exists between them is therefore archetypal. When the two planets come together there is also a tangible sense of relief, of an oppositional force finally finding union or synthesis.
* With Venus and Mars, the oppositional quality is sometimes best thought of in terms of what we desire and how we go about getting what we desire. Venus harmonizes or draws unlike things together whereas Mars cuts apart and divides. When the two planets come together it’s sometimes as though getting what we desire becomes effortless, but of course getting what we desire isn’t always what’s best for us and so this transit can bring unforeseen consequences.
* Imagine for a moment that you’re out with a friend after getting in a fight with your significant other. You say to your friend, “I need someone who actually pays attention to me.” Then, before you know it, some beautiful stranger is paying a whole lot of attention to you and you are suddenly dealing with the consequences of getting what you wanted….could get messy…
* Venus and Mars are also in Mercury’s sign right now, and so it’s worth mentioning that this Venus/Mars combo may have something to do with craft, with artistic or technical skills, with mental, analytical, or intellectual things as well as design-based things, or with something administrative or organizational as well as something related to public relations or diplomacy. Think for example of the planning and strategizing of a new art display within a museum, a new ad campaign for a tech product, or even the marriage between information and art.
* Venus and Mars coming together is also an “I help you, you help me,” kind of transit, but it could easily reflect things coming together that perhaps should not come together. There is an element of taboo to these two planets coming together, as in the Greek myth…Aphrodite and Ares were forbidden adulterers who were caught in the midst of their love affair!
* Finally, remember that as the Moon opposes these planets today, we will definition feel the deeper erotics of their dynamic. So pay attention to what happens around you today, as well as inside.
Prayer: Show us your desire for us in the face of what we desire. Show us have to have without over reaching.