* A sign’s contra-antiscia is the sign/degree equally distant from the other side of the Aries/Libra axis. Contra-antiscia signs also have equal ascensional times (each sign takes the same amount of time to rise over the horizon).
* The contra antiscia of Libra is Virgo.
* Venus in the first degree of Libra is in contra-antiscia with a planet at the last degree of Virgo. Mars is currently at the 25th degree of Virgo, which means the two planets will be in contra antiscia with each other shortly.
* Venus and Mars will be in contra-antiscia Monday and Tuesday of this coming week.
* Signs in contra antiscia to each other are said to either command or obey. Aries to Virgo commands because the days are longer than the nights in these signs, and Libra to Pisces is said to obey because the nights are longer than the days. The words “command” and “obey” aren’t great to our ears so we might think of “yang” and “yin” instead. Other ancient authors referred to contra antiscia as signs that “hear each other.”
* One ancient source says that planets in signs that hear each other are helpful for fugitives, for travel abroad, and may signify accustations.
* Some people say contra-antiscia are like secretive versions of an opposition.
* In the current configuration, Mars commands and Venus obeys.
* Mars is in the fall of Venus. Venus is well guarded, however, in her own sign of Libra.
* Watch over the next few days for accusations, trouble, pursuit, desire, aggression, or attempts to harm or irritate or goad or manipulate Venus ruled things by Mars ruled things.
* Within relationships watch as one person may really be after the other, taking those subtle jabs or making unfair accusations or trying to bring down or harm or discredit Venus.
* On the other hand, if Venus in her power represents someone who is vain, proud, pretentious, etc, then watch as Mars takes Venus to task, exposes, or holds accountable.
* Venus in the “obeying” position might be weaker, but we should note that what happens shortly after this aggression from Mars…Mars will enter Venus sign, be ruled by Venus, and in his own detriment.
* Whatever Mars is about to get after with Venus, he will soon be dominated by Venus, the tables may be turned, or he may suddenly find himself intensely interested in Venus right after wanting to do her harm or right after trying to drag her down.
* This all may seem very abstract, and obviously not every transit will affect everyone or be noticeable for a variety of reasons…but if you’re a star watcher then keep your eyes on what happens between the masculine and feminine, within relationships, between the aggressor and the defender, between the desire and the object of desire, etc. Really watch, because these little subtleties teach us how to act and behave as mindfully as possible when we find ourselves in the midst of the stories they signify.
* Notice for example in the news right now the story of the major Hollywood executive and sexual abuse he committed. We might notice some of the dynamics of that story shifting along the lines of the transit I’ve just explained, or we may see it in the news elsewhere. The news is a great place to study the planetary transits, in addition to their presence in our own personal lives (if you can stomach it!).
Prayer: Teach us to hear. Teach us to see. Teach us to be commanded by love. Teach us to obey the call of love. Teach us to be honest and sincere. We have all been victims. We have all been aggressors. Teach us to be more than our wounds and more than our accusations or our crimes.