Venus is perfecting its square to Saturn today, and from here it will finally start separating and moving forward.
Things we might hear ourselves thinking, saying, or seeing when it comes to relationships…
* That person won’t take “no” for an answer…
* I’m in love with someone who never shows me affection
* I’m bored in this relationship
* This relationship is ending
* What a joy killer
* There needs to be mutual respect, it goes both ways
* This relationship is getting more serious
* This person has no sense of humor
* This ally isn’t really an ally
* This person doesn’t want to see me succeed…but why?
* I’m married to someone who is married to their job
* We’re growing more mature in our love
* This person is always dominating everything
* This friend isn’t really a friend
* This person that acts so holy is actually a jerk
* I don’t ever want this person I love to die
* Pain is part of how love grows
* It’s hard to be in love with someone who doesn’t have a relationship with anything transcendent or outside of themselves
* Love requires sacrifice
* My kindness has been taken advantage of
* I’m being accused of something unfairly
* I’m ready to compromise, are you?
* Jealousy from a friend hurts
* I’m lonely in this love
* Love should be fun
* I’m separated from my lover
* Love requires great trust
* Love shouldn’t be too methodical
* Art and beauty need form and structure
* This person I’m with lacks faith
* Relationships should be built upon shared values and principles
* My colleague is trying to block or thwart me
* Women should be respected in the work place
* No distractions
* Love should respect boundaries
* I’m going to limit my diet, my pleasure, my appetite in order to perform at a higher level
The list could go on…but each of these statements reflects the core themes of Venus and Saturn as they interact within the conflict and tension of a square. Remember that squares can be productive…but the tension is part of it!
Prayer: Heal our hearts, deepen our bonds, and hold us together with affection and warmth.