Here’s what to watch for:
* Anytime that any planet conjoins with eclipse degrees within the first few months of a powerful eclipse, it’s normal to see destined events cropping up in different areas of our lives, usually relative to the themes of the particular planet who is making the eclipse.
* Today, Venus is conjoining the eclipse degree, so it’s possible that we see events related to love, friendship, romance, beauty, the arts, diplomacy, cleanliness, desire, materialism, adornment, image, vanity, appearance, physicality, sensuality, possessions, or expenses (the list could go on!).
* The solar eclipse degree represents a space of new beginnings, of critical realization, of destiny or fate, of karmic fruition. A massive solar eclipse continues bringing its newness through the continued interactions of the planets in the sky with its critical degree. You might, therefore, expect to see these kinds of changes in relation to the Venusian themes above.
* When Venus is in the service of our spiritual path, she inspires within us love for the divine. We see the world, we sense the world, we taste, hear, and touch the world, through our love for the eternal. When we love in this way it generates compassion, it makes the good and the bad of all romance sacred, it re-prioritizes our affections, and it replaces all material notions of romantic, sensual, or material fulfillment with a deeper and more transcendent sense of beauty. When Venus is the means by which we see and touch the world, all things, the ugly, the odd, and the “beautiful,” are beautiful. When Venus is in the service of our spiritual path, our first need becomes loving intimacy with the sacred. From here, we crave loving intimacy with others whose first love is similarly the sacred. We don’t “need” anything from anyone but rather we need to be surrounded by others who also need the beauty of the divine.
* When Venus is in the service of the material, egoic delusion, we are enamored by things, by material possessions, by having and being had, by pleasing and being pleased, physically. When Venus is reflective of our own selfish interests, we are experimenting with our image, turning our image in the mirror of others until we find just the perfect angle to reflect back to us our sense of egoic dignity, specialness, and pride. When Venus is in the service of our material delusions, she is the competition of materialism, who has more stuff, who looks better, who comes across better, who appears better or whose marketing tactic sells better. When Venus is in the service of the material delusion, we are attracted to numbers, and we are diplomats of self-interest, sure and kind-hearted so long as we get what we want.
* Meanwhile, the dark Moon is engaging Mars and Mercury today, and then heading toward a square with Saturn before finally conjoining the Sun by early Wednesday morning. The Fall Equinox is almost here, so remember that this late moon time has been about purging, elimination, rest, and surrendering in a big way. This Moon cycle began with a solar eclipse. So what we are surrendering right now is reflective of a very deep and powerful process…one that will continue over the next few months.
* Last but not least, Jupiter and Uranus are closing in on their opposition in less than two weeks. We’ll keep our eyes on this, but suffice it to say that there are more big changes to come as we move toward the full Moon of the next lunation cycle. And remember, shortly after Jupiter opposes Uranus it will enter Scorpio to stay for a year!
Prayer: Teach us the real meaning of love. Help us to fall in love with all that is eternal, transcendental, ever-present, and full of relentless affection in all circumstances.