Here’s what to watch for:
* While Venus represents the harmonization of things that differ from one another, Uranus represents a departure from norms or traditions. While Venus represents beauty, Uranus represents defiance and originality. While Venus represents love, pleasure, and desire, Uranus represents individuality, disruption, and unpredictable or shocking twists of fate or fortune.
* When two planets form an opposition, it indicates the potential for either creative tension, resulting in birth, or polarization, extremes, separation, and the abandonment of one thing for another.
* We are therefore going to be experiencing an extended period of the oppositional tension between these two planets. The first opposition is tomorrow, September 12th, the next is October 31st, this time via Venus’ retrograde, and the final opposition will occur on November 30th (this time with Venus in Libra and Uranus in Aries).
* Remember, Venus in Scorpio is traditionally considered to be in her detriment or “exile,” and this is due to the challenge that Venus has in being/doing Venusian things while hanging out in Mars’ home place. This doesn’t mean that synthesis isn’t possible, but it isn’t likely to come without some effort.
* Here are some of the ways you might see the themes relating to each other
* Ongoing challenges in relationships involving a reluctance to compromise one’s individual desires, needs, or appetites.
* Sexual, stylistic, or aesthetic changes that are shocking, defiant, original, and sudden, but perhaps, also, misguided, too fast or impulsive, manipulative, passive-aggressive, vindictive, or rooted in some subtle element of conflict
* The desire to make a statement in a relationship overriding the health of the relationship
* Originality or experimentation at the cost of intimacy
* Sudden or shocking events involving relationships, love, romance, beauty, sexuality, creativity, etc.
* Secrets, longing, betrayal, jealousy, lust, suddenly coming to the surface, perhaps in an act of rebellion or sudden boundary-breaking disregard
* The desire to break free from oppressive emotional situations
* Inventive and original music, art, fashion, perhaps with a dark or exotic twist
* Shocking or subversive news, information, announcements, or even public breakups
* Women, feminism, controversies surrounding women in power
* Women’s rights, women’s independence
* A time where issues in relationships are coming to the surface and offering a liberation from suffering or troubles…the relationship fight or breakdown that leads to breakthrough
* A revising of one’s personal values, struggles with self image, the desire to radically change or alter one’s appearance
* Issues surrounding identity politics, changes or transformations of sexual identity, the collective relationship to sexual identity issues, in general
So there are a lot of different possible combinations to explore with these two planets over the next couple of months. Stay tuned for more!
Prayer: Show us the beauty of our eternal nature!