* Two headlines that mirror the Venus/Pluto square. The first is the report that a federal grand jury has approved charges in the Mueller/FBI investigation.
* The second is simple and pertains to the ongoing “take a knee” controversy between NFL football players and the owners. Yesterday the owner of the Houston Texans was found to have compared his players to inmates at a prison. Afterward, the owner issued an apology that was clearly an attempt to save face, but many of the players responded by saying that they believe his sentiments echo how many of the owners actually feel about the players.
* I use these headlines not because they are the only things happening in the world right now, but because they are simple examples of the Venus/Pluto dynamic.
* The fact that the Mueller investigation is bringing its first charges as this transit takes place likely means that there has been a trade of information for immunity, or a betrayal of loyalty, or that this charge will lead to other deals being made as the case continues. Venus in Libra square to Pluto brings up images of friends and betrayal, diplomacy and deal-making, or any kind of pardoning or bargaining for the sake of getting to deeper or more hidden or secretive levels of information.
* Similarly, the NFL owner being caught saying what he actually thinks of his players is indicative of how the business is handled behind closed doors. Venus and Pluto say, “This is how the inner circle of these owners really works, in case you needed some hard evidence. This is how they view the players. This is how these people actually do business.” Venus/Pluto in this regard is the exposure of the inner dynamics of an elite group of powerful businessmen. The employer/employee relationship is exposed. The owner literally said, “We can’t have the inmates running the prison.” This is an old white man saying this about a group of predominantly young, black men who make the owners billions of dollars each year.
So these are just a few simple examples that mirror what is also happening for each of us personally. Are we avoiding the dark truth? Are we able to be real with ourselves and real with each other about how we really feel, who we are, and how we operate? Or is our lives a series of coverups, shine overs, and polishings of things we’d prefer to avoid? If so, we should expect that from time to time the facade will be revealed for what it is.
Being real is difficult. It doesn’t happen all at once. It doesn’t happen overnight. Not for most of us. For most of us, it is a long path of forgiveness and courage.
Prayer: Teach us the courage to stop polishing and peddling false stories meant to cover up or hide the truth. Teach us to trust that the truth sets all prisoners free, and teach us to see that we are all prisoners whenever we live in denial of your love.