Here’s what to expect:
* The lunar eclipse on the 31st of this month follows on the heels of the total solar eclipse from last August. Here we are looking at the theme of culmination, closure, transition, or the beginning of the end of something.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings an opportunity for a process that has been in the works to find completion, especially any process that may involve authority figures, paternal figures, paternal karma, etc.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion emphasizes pride, arrogance, and ego and the downfall of the ego.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings to mind the fall of the dark King or the burial chambers of old Kings from the past.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion reaps a dark and golden, summery harvest, even in the depths of winter.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings to mind the death of false pride or false power and authority.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion suggests the end or nearing the end, of a dynasty.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion is the weight of a legacy, its memory, and its royal burden.
* A lunar eclipse in the sign of the Lion brings to mind an archaic image…the betrayal of a King.
* Then, on February 15th, we have a solar eclipse with Mercury in the sign of Aquarius.
* A door is opening…a humane, intelligent, and communicative new beginning.
* The solar eclipse suggests a new beginning that starts with an announcement, a discovery, an invention, or a new way of communicating.
* The solar eclipse with Mercury suggests a new path of learning or inquiry.
* The solar eclipse with Mercury in the sign of the water-bearer suggests advocating for something that is highly intelligent but possibly marginalized, outcast, or outside the status-quo.
* The solar eclipse with Mercury in the sign of the water-bearer brings to mind the ancient marriage between mysticism and “science.”
* The solar eclipse with Hermes in the sign of the water-bearer brings to mind a new way of communicating, using technology, or organizing something.
* The solar eclipse with Hermes in the sign of the water-bearer suggests the arrival of a messenger, as if from on high.
* If you have knowledge of your birth chart, check the Aquarius/Leo whole sign houses or the 11th degree of Leo to the 15th degree of Leo and the 25th to 27th degrees of Aquarius. Take note of the topics of both houses right now, as well as the tensions between them (for example 10th and 4th house as work/family or public/private distinctions, or 1/7 as self/other).
* If you don’t have knowledge of your birth chart, then check astrograph.comtoward the end of the month for my monthly Sun-sign horoscopes, which may at the very least give you some idea of how the eclipses are moving through your solar chart.
* Look back to January 2008 to July of 2009 for the last time we had eclipses forming in Aquarius/Leo. And look back to September 1998 to April of 2000 for the last time the north node was in Leo and the south node in Aquarius. We are completing a nodal cycle right now that began between 1998 and 2000. The halfway point of which was the January 2008 to July of 2009 period.
Prayer: Eclipse all in our lives that does not bear the conscious reflection of your love. Hold us up to the light, so that we may see by means of the light, in us and through us and all things.