My next online astrology immersion course, “Ancient Astrology for Modern Times” begins next Tuesday night. If you’d like to check out a Nightlight class for free, join me tonight for the second of a two-part series on the topic of essential dignities. Just private message me for the login information. We begin at 7:00 pm eastern time.
Next, my annual daily horoscope kickstarter begins shortly. I will be raising money to support the writing of 300+ more daily astrological forecasts in 2018. I hope you will chip in to support me reach my funding goals for another trip round the Sun. Stay tuned!
Now, what to say about today’s astro-weather:
* We’re just into a New Moon cycle that began in the late degrees of Scorpio, just as Mars squared Pluto.
* Meanwhile, Jupiter is approaching a trine with Neptune, right around the time of the Full Moon.
* This lunar cycle has likely planted the seeds of: a spiritual healing crisis, a forced change, a transformation of circumstance beyond our control, a catharsis, a total reevaluation, a bold new decision, a forced compromise, a confrontation with our own darkness, the beginning of the end of something.
* We say this because the late degrees of every sign generally belong to Mars or Saturn, the malefic planets, whose nature is more about decline, loss, disintegration, or destruction. This late New Moon in Scorpio took place in Mars’ sign, just as Mars moved into a square with Pluto. So the “seed” of the new cycle begins with the themes above and will carry over throughout the month ahead.
* Mars’ next opposition to Uranus, which will happen right around the Full Moon will bring the seeds that have been planted into clear view, and many of us will begin to see the first fruits of the cycle. We may experience the Mars/Uranus opposition as a breakthrough of sorts, but remember, we are still in the wake of the major solar eclipse of August, which brings major new themes into our lives while also potentially eclipsing us. This is a cycle that has that feeling of the eclipsing…the forced changes or the big decisions.
* The blessing in the midst of these upcoming planetary transits is the fact that Jupiter is making a trine to Neptune, which may come as a blessing in disguise, a renewal of faith, an excitement or deep sense of trust despite the chaos or pain of catharsis.
* Finally, though I didn’t include it in today’s forecast, Mercury will be stationing and turning retrograde around the full Moon as well, in a conjunction with Saturn, no less! So this is going to be quite a powerful Moon cycle. As we go toward the darkest point of the year, and as we welcome the return of the light, the pivot is going to be quite intense for many of us. But, that’s life, especially as we are coming off from such a powerful eclipse season this summer!
Prayer: Prepare our hearts and minds for the changes ahead, and give us the trust and confidence to accept our destiny.