Here are a few things we might say about what makes the USA so Cancerian:
* The genesis of our story is something we refer back to over and over and over again
* The genesis of our national story involves seeking a new home
* The genesis of our story includes immigrants seeking a new home from all over the world
* The genesis of our story includes hoarding and tribalism and slaughter of those who lived on the land prior to our arriving (the shadow side of Cancer)
* The genesis of our story includes ripping people away from their home lands to serve as slaves on family owned plantations
* The history of our story involves the gradual fight for equality and inclusiveness…everyone in the “family” matters and has rights
* We value privacy and the family unit…often to our own detriment
* We believe in kindness and politeness but often this becomes passive aggression
* We want to see the globalization of our family values in the form of democracy, but this desire is sometimes nothing more than a form of tribal imperialism
* We value the family unit, the private home, private information, security, and personal rights above all!
* We memorialize everything…we are constantly living in memory…see facebook for evidence!
* We tend to see everything wrong with our adult lives in terms of our parents, our families, or the past
* We don’t let go of past wrongs or hurts easily
* We are highly nostalgic about ourselves as a nation
* We are insecure with ourselves and hold grudges against ourselves and our fellow family members, though we would also never part with ourselves or fellow family members
This is just a brief list, but if we look at the Sun in terms of a destiny path, then we might say that our nation’s destiny is to create a safer, more nurturing, and more inclusive world. The question is always whether we can do this without manipulation, greed, and tribalistic conquest…
Prayer: Teach, guide, heal, and grow our nation. Heal the wounds of our past, and help us to become more of what we’re capable of!