Last night I asked the posted a question asking if anyone else was feeling the intensity of the planets lately. The response was overwhelming and a number of people asked me to write my horoscope today about what might be going on astrologically. The most obvious answer seems to be that there is a combination of intense planetary dynamics happening simultaneously and they seem to be indicative of a general mental/emotional experience. Let’s take a look at them one by one.
First the Saturn/Neptune square. I’ve noticed the following themes coming up very intensely:
* Moods, psychological health, and boundaries
* Swings from feeling very solid to feeling very porous
* Feeling psychically open randomly and quite intensely/suddenly
* Feeling inundated or easily overwhelmed and somewhat out of nowhere
* Alternating to feeling quite sure or certain or firm about something to feeling weak, uncertain, or flooded with doubt and even paranoia or worry
* The presence of the supernatural, other worldly, or psychic phenomenon
* The idea of spiritual “warfare,” or witch hunting, heightened or polarized sense of good and evil in situations
These are just a few that I’ve noticed.
Then we can add to these the fact that Uranus/Pluto are coming back together (though they won’t be exact again). For these
* Sudden eruptions of hidden, secretive, disturbing, news, information, insights, or events
* Grappling with dark forces that interrupt or intervene out of nowhere
* The sudden, instant, transformation of circumstances or our understanding of something
* The images of darkness and sudden violence/terror in the media (all too familiar for the Uranus/Pluto square)
* Breakthroughs in our technical or intellectual/mental understanding of a subject or study or practice of something
* The general feelings of paranoia, over stimulation, heightened alert or distrust
Then when we add Mars to the mix we get a few more intense themes:
* Militarism, over aggressiveness or over pursuit
* Confrontation, hostility, belligerence
* Easily triggered, desire, lust, or hunger driving us into a hot mess
It’s unfortunately not out of the question that we may see more acts of public violence in the next week as these transits finally perfect and then start fading. In the meantime, the best strategy for navigating these times might be to stay away from opening yourself up or putting yourself “out there” too much. Without wanting to be a fear monger, my intuition just tells me that it’s a good time for a quieter, more inward focus, and that too much engagement “out there” may lead into more stress than is necessary or desirable. There is much to learn when we sit with, reflect upon, and simply “be with” such an intense passage of planetary symbols.
So…it’s Saturn’s day. A traditional day of rest. Today I’m going to read, meditate, pray, take the dogs for a walk, and try to soften the mind and heart. I hope you can do the same!
Prayer: Peace on earth, peace in my mind, peace in my heart, peace in my body, peace for my friends, peace for my family, peace in the sky above, peace on earth below