Today, I’m taking a look at Mercury in Cancer and its square to Mars in Aries. Mercury is currently retrograde and this is the first of two squares it will make with Mars this month. In this talk, I’ll explore some of the themes to look out for during this time.
Today I've made a video exploring Mercury's recent ingress into the sign of Aries. This is actually a big topic in the world of astrology because Mercury was in Pisces from February up until just recently. I also received a letter from someone just as Mercury was entering Aries that was so synchronistic that I asked if I could include it in today's video. I think you'll find the letter and my response helpful, especially if you were born with Mercury in Aries or with any Mercury/Mars contacts in your birth chart!
Here are some astrological highlights for the next few days…
* The first ten days of the month are busy. Between May 1st and May 3rd, Mercury in Aries is moving through squares to Saturn, the South Node, and Pluto in Capricorn, while Mercury is also making a trine to Jupiter in Sagittarius and a sextile (with mutual reception) to Mars. That’s just the first three days!
* So it’s a busy period for Mercury. Mercury and Mars, really, since Mercury is in a very cooperative relationship with Mars right now.
* Watch for an analytical, cutting, and incisive energy in these first few days. It’s a good time for problem-solving, handling multiple different situations with tact and intelligence, moving through obstacles by using street smarts, verbal intelligence, or getting something done through powerful language, negotiating, etc.
* Given the squares from Mercury to Saturn, the South Node, and Pluto, it’s also possible that we become quite rigid, strict, harsh, or severe in our thinking right now.
* On the other hand, this transit is productive, focused, executive, strong-minded, and strategically sound.
* As Mercury gets involved with Pluto, it’s also possible that we will see mental/verbal outbursts, revealing or dark information coming to the surface, verbal assaults or bullying, etc.
* It’s also a great time for a shift in awareness or perception, for coming to see the truth, as it is.
* Watch for paranoia, obsessive thinking, overly rigid or severe proclamations, and grandiosity. Remember that Jupiter is in the mix of all of this, making everything just a little bit bigger!
* It would be normal to feel frustrated, inflamed, or agitated right now, and for the next few days, but beware of trying to use reason to convince someone out of a position they didn’t use reason to get into in the first place.
* The positive of these transits is likely coming to final/hard decisions, bottom lines, etc., or in coming up with innovative solutions to complex problems, simplifying things in the process, or to finding the mental rigor to finish or complete something under pressure.
* And these are just the first few days of May!
Prayer: Give us the intelligence by means of which we may come to you, naturally relinquishing those things that are unnecessary or that prohibit our devotion.