What to watch for:
* A stern, serious, focused, and studious atmosphere
* Refining, limiting, or taming the desire nature for the sake of higher things
* A philosophical debate, presenting both sides, unifying ideas
* The beginning of a new form of study or intellectual discipline
* Successfully communicating ideas
* Piety versus desire or indulgence
* Rapid innovation, growth, progress, inflation, individuation, rebelliousness, sudden changes or explosions of insight and discovery
* A combination of hot/moist and hot/dry energies with nine planets or points in air and fire…movement, action, mental adaptability mingling with inflexibility, impulse, and aggression
* The voice of reason, discernment, and wise judgement…no excuses or weaseling out of things
* The subject of victims and victim consciousness…to what extent is it a healthy or harmful part of the changes we advocate for or demand in the world?
* Being taken advantage of or taking advantage of…realizing who we do and don’t want to be connected with because of the need for share beliefs, ideas, values, or temperaments
* The study of something ancient, mastering something from the past, looking backward
* Communicative conflict, twisting words, lies and deceit, and the illusions of liberal open mindedness
* Dogma and dogmatic close mindedness
* The nature of fundamentalism…the extreme left becomes extreme right and vice versa
* Accommodating a diversity of perceptions and beliefs
* The subjects of validation, diversity, and identity…to what extent do we define ourselves or our dignity based on particular experiences we’ve had?
* A fiery, expansive, jovial spirit of exploration, expansion, good faith, and conquest coming through later in the day today
As we approach the full moon by early tomorrow morning, something is coming to a head. Something has reached a stage of culmination, and it’s likely that this culmination reflects a gathering of new ideas and points of view, new theories and new intellectual or spiritual commitments. Our minds have been changing. How we process, think, and communicate, as well as what we will and will not take as excuses from ourselves or others is front and center at the moment. Walking our talk has become paramount for the sake of our spiritual health, but we’ve also been working to incorporate new ideas into our lives in a way that creates more peace, compassion, and patience with those that don’t share our views. Similarly, we might be hitting road blocks right now if our minds are incapable of changing, revising, or revisioning things. We may find ourselves overwhelmed by the details or lost in the fogs of uncertainty about the future. If we don’t slow down and listen carefully we’ll miss what’s being said. As the full moon represents a peak of energy, we may also feel tired…like the process should be father along than it is already, or like we’re taking two steps forward and one step back at regular intervals. This is because this full Moon is happening in the mix of a Mercury retrograde. Also…the t-square to Neptune and Saturn involves two planets who are retrograde and slowing to station right now. So much of this month’s cycle has to do with “going backward in order to go forward,” or revising or revisiting something, and then slowly, slowly, watching a sea change of vision take place.
To change our minds it’s not just about the ideas changing. We might have new ideas or a new sense of something, but the overall transition will still take time. Things should be more or less sailing along by the waxing part of next moon cycle, right as we reach summer solstice!
Prayer: help me to enjoy the gradual change taking place, so that my mind might be changed….the one that is trying to force things right now is the same one slowly being changed