Here’s what to watch for:
* Jupiter and Uranus’ first opposition occurred right around Christmas time last year. The next opposition occurred in mid-March of 2017, and today marks the final exact opposition.
* Right before, during, and just after planets perfect their aspects, it is common to see events in our personal lives or in the collective that mirror the combinations of planetary archetypes.
* Jupiter is noble, generous, poised, virtuous, exaggerated, broad, permissive, growth-oriented, faithful, aspiring, and at times boastful. Jupiter unites and makes larger wholes. Jupiter says “yes,” and gives blessings. Jupiter reflects something becoming larger, more pronounced.
* Jupiter in the sign of the scales reflects the process of justice, human justice, cosmic justice, and the mysteries of karma. Jupiter in Libra is the judge, the ideals of due process, fairness, and checks and balances on power. Jupiter in Libra is about superficial appearances of wealth and beauty versus authentic, inner, invisible, beauty. Jupiter in the balance is about images of justice versus the actual mess of justice as it moves through our lives all the time.
* Uranus, on the other hand, is rebellious, rule-breaking, inventive, future-oriented, tradition disregarding, creative, liberating, disruptive, shocking, unpredictable, rash, disregarding of the status-quo, easily agitated by constraints, defiant, and eccentric.
* Uranus in the sign of the Ram reflects the process of militant rebelliousness, of defiant disruptions, of shocking and rule-breaking aggression or hostility, of warrior-like disregard, of eccentric competitiveness, of shocking and agitating or unpredictable forms of revolution.
* The two pitted against each other, in a broad square to Pluto no less! are the picture of justice and defiance at odds with each other, of unpredictability and fairness, of cosmic justice and militant rebellion, of disregard for the rules and of the process of cosmic justice and karma.
* Watch the news today, and also over the course of the rest of this week, as Jupiter separates from its opposition to Uranus we are also likely to see important events constellating all of the themes above.
* In our personal lives, we should also maintain an awareness of the need for revolution and invention while also paying attention to the process of karmic justice. It takes courage to recognize when and where to defy, to rebel, to invent, or to resist, but it also takes courage to recognize where the process of justice, of our own karma, is challenging us to reform our lives or to accept a subtle form of due process. Sometimes the real revolution isn’t as much about charging ahead as it is about reform, about pulling back, examining, and reconsidering our actions or general life direction.
Prayer: Thank you for this season of change. Give us eyes to see our hearts being weighed on the scales of justice. Show us fairness and beauty in equal measure, so that we might grow in loving intelligence.