Here’s what to watch for:
* The Sun conjoining Mars has been a long, slow burn. As Mars is consumed by the Sun there is an opportunity for frustration, agitation, anger, and inflammation to get the better of us. A dying Mars is like a wounded predator. It is quicker to lash out, quicker to defend, quicker to attack, and quicker to respond or react from the place of its injury.
* A dying Mars represents the failure of the will to adequately defend its position any longer. Forces larger than what the will can manage are simply consuming its defenses. This can be a good thing, too.
* Mars in its fall, swallowed by the Sun may also represent the tendency of people in power or positions of authority or responsibility to abuse their post, or it can represent a new system of leadership replacing an old one. It may represent old forms of power slowly dying, and in general, it may also represent issues surrounding Men, fathers, leaders, and the slow erosion of health, stability, or the importance or centrality of their roles in general within a relationship, workplace, etc.
* If we are in fight, passion, or go mode right now, we should be careful since some of our actions may have stronger effects than we anticipate. Mars is approaching a square to Uranus, so this dying Mars may easily try to lash out or its actions may lead to unanticipated and sudden changes.
* Jupiter is also approaching a square to Pluto right now. By early August we will see a reprise of themes related to power, justice, checks and balances, due process, the manipulation of the law for covert or hidden/secretive agendas, karma and the balancing of the scales of truth and judgment, etc. This transit will act as a prelude for a lunar and solar eclipse in August, along with a long-standing Mercury/Neptune opposition, and subsequent Mercury retrograde. It is very likely that the ongoing Russia scandal in the US, as well as global politics in general, will amp up significantly during this time, and central to all of it will be the Jupiter/Pluto themes of purgation, discharge, eruption, and justice, truth, and fairness.
* Last but not least, over the next week or so Venus is applying to make a trine with Jupiter. This transit reflects a nice reprieve within the otherwise very intense astrological dynamics of the season. The Venus/Jupiter trine brings friendship, harmonizing opportunities, windfalls, beneficial relationships, deals, negotiations, or allies, help from people who are in a good position to help, a sense of faith and trust, etc. We’ll keep our eye on this transit as it perfects, but this transit is like a cool breeze amidst the intensity of the ongoing t-square dynamics between Jupiter, Uranus, and Pluto.
Prayer: Teach us the passion of peace and the peace within our passion, so that we might accomplish with ease what our will feels so frustrated by.