Again with the Moon engaging Mercury and Pluto today we might see the effects of justice, fairness, executive power or authority front and center. Something overdue, or something that has reached its expiration date is now clear and the contract is up. Sometimes this means that wrongs are being righted, and other times this means that a fundamental change of thinking, perception, policy, or organization is taking place for the better. This might mean that someone is losing a job, or that relationships are ending or the terms of an agreement are changing, but the change is for the better. Because Venus is the ruler of this Mercury retrograde, and because she’s moving direct again in the sign of the Lion, it’s likely that whatever arrangements or agreements are changing or expiring, the benefits are to the advantage of those who have been generous, loyal, trusting, and perhaps somewhat unrecognized or not given enough thanks or appreciation.
One very powerful image might have to do with what is given or passed down in death or change. The subject of inheritance, birth rights, and gifts in death or endings that go to someone modest and deserving versus someone power hungry or greedy.
Here are other images to consider with our Mercury Rx/Pluto square:
* Execution of wills
* Negotiation, renewal or termination of contracts/agreements/arrangements
* Restructuring or reordering a system of negotiation or relationships
* Deeds, taxes, fines, loopholes, hidden benefits
* Righting a wrong or vindicating someone who suffered under an unfair decision or action
* Moral pronouncements, judgments, calls to wake up and change or rethink something
* Going back on our word, betrayal, karmic consequences for actions not in alignment with important principles
* Revisiting or revising an old way of thinking or relating or communicating
* Symbols and Omens speaking powerfully about an approaching transition or change, something that may level the scales and bring deeper harmony or balance
Prayer: A veiled god, walking backward, down a dark hallway, underground, torch in one hand, scales in the other…all the saints gathered around to help the prayer along.