Here’s what to watch for:
* Mercury entering Gemini means that Mercury will be in its own home sign, and despite moving under the beams of the Sun will be in its own chariot (sign) protecting it from the worst effects of combustion.
* Meanwhile, Venus entering Taurus is also now in her own sign, which means the very long back and forth through her exile in Aries is finally over.
* Look to the Gemini and Taurus ruled houses of your birth chart. These areas of your life might be empowered in the next weeks as both Mercury and Taurus grow in power and effectiveness when in their home signs.
As the Sun pulls into a long and slow opposition with Saturn, which will be in effect much of the rest of this month, you may notice the following archetypal tensions:
* The tension between sunshine and duty
* The archetypal enmeshment of wisdom and ignorance
* Of illumination and darkness
* Of growth and decay
* Of heroism and action vs inaction or isolation
* Of unity vs division
* Of inclusion vs exclusion
* The death, decay, or downfall of men, leaders, father figures, mentors, executives
* The controlling, dark, side of power
* Authoritarian attitudes
* Discipline and wisdom
* Enlightenment with or without action, principles, and consistent disciplines
* Eliminating or restricting life force energy from someone or something
* Solar expression blocked, thwarted or challenged
* The slow progress of revelation
* The cross the hero bears
* Confined by circumstances, desiring to shine but being hemmed in by recurring troubles
* The mental and analytical/rational powers pitted against spiritual, moral, or philosophical “principles”
We will keep our eye on this transit over the upcoming weeks as we head toward the Summer Solstice!
Prayer: Teach us to recognize the light by means of which we see any darkness.