What to watch for:
* The cutting, separating, and dividing necessary for a new beginning
* Vacillating between several options, an underlying feeling of ambivalence, even boredom
* Revisioning our philosophical position or spiritual/religious outlook, maybe around a particular issue
* Love drugs, the feeling of desirous intoxication
* Excessive love, praise, confidence, adoration, pride, and even worship
* Spending, fashion, big purchases, bling, glamour and wealth
* Gathering facts, organizing plans, but feeling somewhat foggy mentally
* The voice of the healer…
* Listening, really hearing someone
* Rejecting a hard truth
* Something that looks like a proud new beginning is slowly showing itself to have its selfish side too
* Impulsive or reckless impatience
* A deeper understanding of our core calling…its history…its demands at this time in our lives
This Moon cycle is deceptively strong. “Deceptively strong” because it’s hard for us to get a clear picture right now of where things are heading. Mercury in Pisces suggests that our minds are in something like labor right now. We are looking for a clear, rational grasp on what’s happening, where things are going, or how things are shaping up, but that understanding will remain elusive until right around our full moon eclipse this month. Until then you might swear that things are just business as usual. Right up until yet another bizarre synchronicity, dejavu, dream, or blip on the radar shows up again and once more we just “know” something is happening.
Though there are new beginnings taking shape right now (look especially to the Aries portion of your birth chart), these new beginnings are also swirling around something from the past that will need to be dealt with..potentially some old patterns that will need rooting out. The temptation for decisions to be so individualistic right now that they aren’t properly judged or balanced against a variety of equally important factors is strong, so we should be very careful to consider all the circumstances that play a part in our lives as we move forward.
There’s a powerful theme at play in the stars right now about abdicating some element of our self-interest, and it’s going to play a strong part in how this cycle’s next eclipse unfolds. Compromises will likely play a role in some big changes that happen between now and the end of this moon cycle. Can we imagine success, dignity, and victory in a different style? Can we dismount from our high horses to find an even greater degree of satisfaction?
The Sun in Aries is considered “exalted,” which means that the fiery drive to place ourselves first is very strong and effective at the moment. Yet the Sun in Aries will conjoin the south node of the Moon at the full moon while it opposes the Moon in Libra at the north node (destiny, evolution, and growth symbolized by compromise, discernment, wise judgments, harmony in relationships, etc).
When something doesn’t work out solely in our favor, or we are deeply disappointed by something not turning out as we hoped it would, it might be a humbling experience, but it will also show us the face of what needs cultivating in our lives, and what relationships need deeper cultivation.
Prayer: clarity rising…help us to see the truth of what’s brought us to this moment and how to move forward with wiser judgments this time around.
Image courtesy of creative commons: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dionnehartnett/