Here’s what to watch for (first a few technical explanations, which you can skip past if you already understand the concepts!):
* Antiscia are formed between planets in signs that carry an equal amount of light and shadow in the twenty-four hour day.
* Antiscia are formed between Cancer and Gemini, Leo and Taurus, Virgo and Aries, as well as Capricorn and Sagittarius, Aquarius and Scorpio, and Pisces and Libra.
* Antiscia require that the two planets degrees, within the pairings listed above, add up to 30 degrees. So for example, today Neptune is at 15 degrees and 32 minutes or so of Pisces, while Venus is at 14 degrees and approximately 17 minutes of Libra. This means that their total is nearly a perfect 30 degrees, which means they are almost perfectly forming the aspect. Venus is the faster-moving planet and will perfect the aspect when it reaches 14 degrees and 28 minutes. But you can notice the effects of antiscia within about 3 degrees before and after the exact aspect is made.
* It’s important to remember that all antiscia, while formed between planets in signs of equal light/shadow, will always feature one sign that is moving toward “greater light” and one that is moving toward “greater shadow.” For example, during the second day of Cancer season and the twenty-eighth day of Gemini season, there will be an equal amount of light and dark, but technically the light is still waxing in the solar year on the Gemini side of the Summer Solstice, whereas it is beginning to wane on the Cancer side.
* For this reason, the aspect features a kind of shadow complementarity, which is sometimes thought of as “secretive” in nature.
* So, right now, Venus and Neptune might be rather “secretively” offering some kind of complement or help to each other. Sometimes astrologers say that they are forming a “secretive conjunction.”
* In order to understand this a little better, we thus need to qualify the relationship between Venus and Neptune. Venus in her own strength within the sign of Libra implies a balanced, beautiful, just, rational, and humane quality, potentially vain or selfish, while Neptune represents dissolution, merging, surrender, imagination, and potentially the qualities of illusion, intoxication, or deception.
* Thus, the two put together, somewhat secretively, in order to help or complement one another, or “merged/conjoined” with one another, might indicate…
* Secretive pacts made to look good on the outside or to cover up for something we don’t want people to see
* Diplomacy and sleight of hand
* Taken by a sense of beauty, wealth, riches, sophistication, high class, etc.
* Imagining ourselves to be more beautiful, sophisticated, just, and interesting than we are.
* Finding subtle commonalities that may turn out to be bigger or more important than imagined.
* Falling in love, feeling high, romantic vibes swimming all around us.
* Drugging, poison, hypnotizing, seducing, gaslighting, and perhaps from someone “well dressed or well spoken.”
* Healing in relationships, emotional sharing, and uncommon intimacy.
* The fleeting sense that all is more than okay in the world…but why? Don’t know…
* The compromises we make in order to follow our dreams, surrendering our dreams for comfort or luxury, sharing our dreams with a partner or with others
* The goddess in her many forms
* A classy conversation, a high society event, near the lights and the deep blue of an exotic aquarium
* The addictive habits we try to hide behind appearances of wealth, intelligence, or beauty
Of course, there are many other ways one might combine the archetypal qualities of these two planets. Just remember to think of a somewhat secretive, complementary, offering between the two planets…a kind of conjunction behind closed doors!
Prayer: May we meet with you in the secret spaces of our hearts, may we sneak a glance at your wonders, and dare to utter your names whenever we find an empty hallway of space and time.