For anyone interested, tomorrow night I will be hosting a public/donation-based talk on the planetary symbolism of the Narnia Chronicles. The talk begins at 7pm eastern time, via online webinar, and you can find the live login information in the comments section below today’s horoscope!
Meanwhile, here is a list of archetypal themes to watch for based on the current planetary dynamics:
* As the Moon approaches her square to Saturn and then moves on toward Jupiter today, watch for a positive exchange between an older person and a younger person, or a teacher and student, or elder/authority figure and younger person…watch also for difficulties between these figures, between old age and youth, between parents and children, between one generation and the next…though the Moon brings Jupiter and Saturn together today, and though Jupiter has the upper hand over Saturn, the Moon will be walking into a ray cast by Saturn, which might mean that there are some difficulties or unexpected road blocks or even intentional acts of interference, insult, or provocation…today is a good day to remain innocent, ethical, and humble
* The Moon/Saturn square can also create a general aura of heaviness…a gravity or melancholy, and in particular the obligations, details, and tasks we have to tend to this afternoon may be somewhat burdensome and agitating…watch for a critical edge, temper, or rigidity and try to stay focused with patience on the task at hand…be careful not to let the unreasonable expectations of others, or even yourself, dictate the course or mood of the day
* The Moon/Pluto trine this afternoon may also bring to light things that have been hidden from clear view…this transit might also clear or purge something from the body, or unclog something that’s been pent up for too long…also watch for the inappropriate or secretive dealings between an older person and a younger person, or from employers and employees, etc
* The Moon/Jupiter conjunction later this evening should lead to a more joyous or uplifting and expansive evening. Watch for the drama, pomp, and bigness of the Moon/Jupiter themes tonight, and notice in particular what themes are “growing” larger in your mind or heart. Notice also the clash between the attention to details and specifics in relationship to or competition with charismatic ideals and big visions.
* Right now Venus and Mercury are still traveling closely together in the sign of Aquarius, in a whole sign square to Mars in Scorpio. This transit involves the big minded ideals of Aquarius, particularly artful and communicative with Venus and Mercury, coming up against or working with the aggression, subversion, intensity, and focus of Mars in Scorpio. Extremism, bullying, self righteous indigence, and ends justifying the means thinking are at work in this transit as Mars is in the superior position and both Mercury and Venus are moving toward his rays. It’s one of those times to be careful of public debacles, debates, or standoffs…there is a definite, “I’m not afraid to hit below the belt” quality to this transit, and it will be building all the more as Mars starts to slow down and approaches a long retrograde back through Scorpio. In particular the violence of words and ideas, intimidation techniques, and the desire to disabuse people of their independent thoughts through coercion is strong right now. And this applies to both good ideas and bad ideas…even positive ideals can be used as weapons…
Meanwhile, next Moon cycle we have two eclipses, plus the Spring Equinox. A big spring coming!
Prayer: Help us to remain modest, and please remove the thorns of envy, impatience, distrust, and frustration.